Wednesday, June 4, 2008

So long, Sasha

It is with great sadness that I have to let you know that our cat, Sasha, has gone to kitty-cat heaven.

About five days ago, we noticed that Sasha had an open sore on her belly. We mentioned it to our wonderful neighbor friends (who are a vet and a vet tech) while we were sharing dinner on Sunday night. They teamed up and checked Sasha out. The news was not good. Sasha had a mammary tumor.

Tonight, we went to our family vet. The tumor was quite large and extended quite far up the mammary chain. Sasha was 14 years old and the vet's prognosis was not good. Even with meds, the vet could not assure us that the sore would heal. It came down to quality of life and Matt and I had to make the tough decision. With tears in my eyes, we said goodbye to Sasha. We'll all miss you, girl!


Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 "There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven: a time to be born and a time to die, a time to plant and a time to uproot, a time to kill and a time to heal, a time to tear down and a time to build, a time to weep and a time to laugh, a time to mourn and a time to dance, a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them, a time to embrace and a time to refrain, a time to search and a time to give up, a time to keep and a time to throw away, a time to tear and a time to mend, a time to be silent and a time to speak, a time to love and a time to hate, a time for war and a time for peace." NIV

3 comments:

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

We had to put our cat to sleep last year after he got attached by a dog. I never thought I would care that much about an animal, but I cried for days... and I cried big tears at the Vet. I have now become an animal lover and understand why people cry when they lose their pets.

Amy said...

Oh no. I am so sorry. Gosh, I feel your pain. I truly do. My heart aches for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Sasha was my buddy everytime I came to visit. Sasha would always come out to see me. I will miss her. On a happy note, we recently adopted (rescued) another cat - Fantasia. She is "getting to know" our other 2 cats, Cuddles and Lady Gray.
Pappy Al