Sunday, June 8, 2008

Grateful?

This morning we had the privilege of hearing "Children of the World" perform at our church.


It was awesome! I couldn't stop the tears from flowing. These children are disadvantaged and orphaned children who make up a choir that serve as the ambassadors (so to speak) for World Help. World Help is an organization that seeks to to fulfill the Great Commission and the Great Commandment through partnering, training, helping and serving, especially in the unreached areas of the world. It is an organization much like Children's Cup, but World Help allows you to sponsor a child. This morning, as I sat in my chair and cried, I wondered, why should I ever complain? I sat there knowing that we have a beautiful home , we have two vehicles, we eat three meals everyday, our family is healthy and we're together, and we live in a country that is enjoying peace. Many of those kiddos on that stage this morning can't say any of those things, yet they smiled, danced, sang to, sang for, and praised our God this morning with abandon! I was humbled beyond words. If we could afford to, I would sponsor dozens of these children, until then I will pray for them, knowing that they reminded me of all that God has blessed me with. And, I'll be grateful!!

0 comments: