Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Weekend Wrap-up

Disclaimer: Be prepared for a barrage of images and information!

I'd like to introduce you to our cows. I say "our" very loosely as the cows are only ours in the sense that our yard backs up to their pasture. I love our cows! Yet another reason I love living in the country!


My nephew Joshua celebrated his ninth birthday with a party this weekend. It was baseball themed and I think my sister did a great job on the cake and cupcakes. Look, even a forty-year old can be creative! Okay, just a joke...my sister turns forty this year and I have been ragging her about it. P.S. I turn 30 on Thursday, but don't tell anyone!

We encourage the combat play in our family. With the sheer numbers of children at any family gathering we figure it's survival of the fittest :) So here's a picture of our very own version of American Gladiators. My nephew Wooten and Jacob had a blast!

PaPa had fun on baby patrol.

So did Becca and Anna Gracen! Look what great cousins they are to our little guy!

And just because I somehow missed getting a photo of Christian on Saturday and he's just too cute, here's a picture from the photo archives of "the grandchild formerly known as the youngest"

We also did some minor projects around the house. My tireless husband installed a storm door on the front of the house. It is wonderful and allows so much more light into our home. I unleashed my inner grafitti artist and grabbed the spray paint. Jacob joined in to help and I attempted to teach him how to use the spray paint (and hopefully how to NOT inhale the fumes) Our old, hand-me-down, been 5 different colors, lived at three different houses, but still hanging-in-there wicker furniture now has a new coat of colonial red and brings new life to our wrap around porch.


And to top it off, Eli turned three months old on Monday. Here's a picture of him celebrating the milestone with his new favorite pastime...sucking his thumb!


Hope your weekend was as fun as ours!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eli get that thumb out of your mouth. That's going to cost your folks, you know?!
We did have fun didn't we? The party was fun and Josh got lots of great gifts.
Your door and the "red" chairs look great. It does brighten up the front of your house. You all have good taste!
This is what being "all grown up" leads to! WORK and then more WORK! Have a great week and don't work to hard.
Love,
Mama - aka - Mema

Anonymous said...

Great post, great pics! Sounds like you had a very productive weekend and holiday. Missed you guys yesterday.
Looking forward to this weekend - the Big 3-0!!
Have a great week. We're off to pick cherries - cherry pie anyone?
Love you,
Amanda

Amy said...

I love this post. How cute are you?!?

I'm not sure what it is, maybe I'm just getting to know you more and more, but I think your posts are starting to come alive to me. Or maybe you're just getting funnier, I don't know! I can almost hear you saying them now. Pretty pathetic for someone who's never even met you! I suppose I stop by too often :)

I love the chairs and the door. I am so excited about our new house, it has a glass door too. I've never had one, but it sure brightens things up so much!

Thanks for all your prayers. God is taking care of us in every detail!

Anonymous said...

Somehow seeing that I was "turning 40" in print made it feel a little more real. So yes, an old bird like me can still plan a party for thirty people, decorate a cake, clean up afterwards, and still make it through supper without my head falling into my plate from sheer exhaustion(although it was a struggle). I can see how the Blue Plate Specials are appealing! Josh had a great time and was glad that everyone could make it (we did miss Tom who was working). Great pictures!! Don't forget YOU TURN 30 OVER six months before my milestone!! See you guys this weekend!
Love,
Colleen

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

Okay what is that about 40 year olds not being creative?

Good seeing you Sunday. Sorry I didn't stop and talk. I got distracted by my kids and then forgot to turn around and say, "hi".