Thursday, February 7, 2008

Holding pattern...

We're in a holding pattern. After a trip to the OB this week, we discovered that I am still hanging in there at 1 centimeter dilated. The doctor said Eli is head down, which is the desired position for delivery. I'm feeling great! Matt and I were recently discussing how wonderful this pregnancy has been. I've had some terrible heartburn (which is treatable with meds) and my ankles and feet are quite swollen, but really in the grand scheme of things this has been a great time in our lives!

We are now "in the short rows" as my dad would say. My emotions are quite unpredictable. One moment I'm excited about his impending arrival and the next moment I'm terrified! I know it will be so awesome to be able to finally share Eli with all our friends and family.

As we get so close to Eli's debut, I ask for your prayers. Pray that labor and delivery will go smoothly and there will be no complications. Pray that I will have the strength and ability to deliver naturally with no medications. Pray for our health. Pray that the transition to home will be smooth. Pray that Jacob feels our love every moment of every day (whether he's at our house or his mom's). Pray that God continues to guide us as we raise his children. Pray for God's blessing on the whole journey. Thank you for your prayers!

Check out this picture of the wonderful family that hosted my baby shower!

2 comments:

Amy said...

You can be sure I will be praying for those things. Check out my hospital to home blog for some more verses I found. I hope they are helpful. Our Lord has us and our babies in the palm of his hand and that's the best place to be :)

Mary Burnett said...

You two will be wonderful parents and Jacob will be an awesome big brother. We are thinking about you in these last couple of weeks (days!). Stay brave. In quoting my best friend, Jen, who had a baby last year- "we are just made to do it (give birth)". After she said that, I knew that I could do it too and so can you. Take care. Love, Mary