Thursday, January 31, 2008

A centimeter and a shower!

This week I had my second weekly visit to the OB. Eli is head down and ready to go. The doctor I saw today (I see 5 doctors at my practice) says he feels like long baby. Which could explain why I have terrible heartburn AND have to pee every 5 minutes. We also discovered that I am 1 cm dilated, which is exciting, but doesn't mean much. Women can go weeks at 1 cm. So Baby Eli may hold out for a while. Matt and I are packing our bags for the hospital this week. Everything is coming together now.


I had a great shower on Sunday hosted by the ladies in my family! This was the rescheduled event due to the "blizzard" that was forecast for the previous weekend. Despite the fact that it was a rescheduled date, the shower was perfect. It was wonderful to celebrate the soon-to-be-arrival with my friends and family. We are so blessed and so thankful to be loved by so many!! Check out these pictures. Someone took a picture of me with the girls, too, but I don't have a copy yet. If you have that picture, please email it to me.


Me at the gorgeous table--yummy, too!

My mom, my grandmother, Eli and me!

The table full of blessings!

Thank you so much to all of you who made this shower so very perfect!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

1 Centimeter - there is no turning back now! How exciting!! We can't wait to see Eli and watch him sleep - nothing more precious than a sweet, sleeping baby. Anna Gracen and I had a great time at the shower (the boys enjoyed the food, boy did they ever!). We love you!
Amanda

Anonymous said...

Jen it's getting close now! I can't wait to see this little fellow. I also wanted to come online and tell Mary and Iain that I am so happy for them and that I pray everything goes well for them. I know Al and Regena can't wait! Two new grandbabies at the same time, wow!!! I wish you (Mary and Iain) all the best and we send our love to you both. Take care of yourselves. Also a shout out to Al and Regena. Hope to see you guys soon.
Love,
Mema

Amy said...

You look gorgeous. I'm so glad everything is going well. I'm praying for a great outcome as Eli enters this world!!!