Monday, February 25, 2008

Watchin' Ellen

Alright Peeps, we're still in a holding pattern. This little boy doesn't realize how excited we are to meet him and is holding out. As a result of this "holding pattern" we are watching Ellen. I sure do like some Ellen. By the way, this is Matt, and I'm being a little sarcastic, although I'd happily watch Ellen all day long if my BEAUTIFUL wife wanted me to.

If you're keeping an eye on the blog for updates please say a little prayer for Jen. She's not experiencing the types of contractions that she needs in order to have a baby, and our doctor has indicated that they may need to induce using pitocin if the contractions don't come on their own. The time is drawing near and we're really hoping to forgo the medication because "they" say a pitocin induced contraction is more difficult to withstand.

Back to Ellen now, wish us luck!

4 comments:

Mary Burnett said...

I think you'd better let her watch any darn show she wants considering what she is about to go through. LOL. J/K I know you are being very understanding! Mary

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

Not if you have an epidural... :-) I had kids both ways; with pitocin, without pitocin,... now I will say my labor was fast and furious, I don't feel pain until I am 7 or more centemeters, and then it's over in an hour...and it was horrible with and without. But the last one was with an epidural and it was so awesome I wanted to do it again. :-)Have fun and remember no one gets a superwoman prize for enduring more pain, we all come out with a baby. :-)I'll be praying for you guys.

Amy said...

I will continue to pray you don't need the medication you don't want!

Eli and baby Isaac might have the same birthday! Woohoo!

You're sooo close :)

Sharon Jackson said...

We're praying for a safe delivery and hope that you have minimum pain.... I've done the pitocin and epidural with both of my deliveries.... great combination in my opinion. The take it a contraction at a time is a great plan. Can't wait to see the 4 of you at C3.
Sharon Jackson