Monday, February 25, 2008

Pitocin party!

Dr. Gizzie came in and checked me...still at 1 cm. What a stubborn little guy! So, I'm now hooked up, so to speak. They've put in an IV and I'm hooked up to IV fluids and a Pitocin drip. I'm also hooked up to an external fetal monitor that continuously monitors Eli's heartbeat and my contractions. Believe it or not, I'm having contractions, just not intense at all. I can still move around some, but I'm limited to the length of the monitor wires. Which means no shower or walking the halls for me. I'm sitting on the birth ball right now, which is a nice change from the bed. I really don't like being in the bed.

At this point, our plans have been surrendered to those of Eli and ultimately God. I have heard that Pitocin can make labor much more painful, much more quickly, so your body is not as prepared for the intensity of the pain. So, we are praying that everything continues to progress as naturally as possible. I have decided that I will take this labor and delivery one contraction at a time and make decisions in that same way. I am not in control of this (which is so difficult for me)!! Thanks so much for your continued prayers! We can't wait to meet this little guy!

0 comments: