Tuesday, September 23, 2008

9 things I love about you!

Dear Jacob,
Today marks the beginning of your ninth year and in honor of that I'd like to list 9 of the many things I love about you!

1. I love that you are so curious and inquisitive. You are always asking questions and seeking knowledge, even when I consistently repsond with "I don't know, Buddy!"

2. I love that you always have a song in your heart. You walk (or skip, or dance) around the house singing. It makes my heart happy to hear you singing. It makes my heart overflow when the songs you choose are "church" songs.

3. I love the way you care about your brother. If you hear him crying, you rush over to do one of those many things you do to crack him up.

4. I love your sense of humor. You make me laugh...out loud!

5. I love to watch as you turn into a gentleman. You are learning to hold doors. You say ma'am and sir. You choose to be polite. You are beginning to think of others before yourself. The evolution is a joy to watch.

6. I love your enthusiasm for the board game. I love how you've changed and matured through the years when it comes to games. Although winning is more fun (and you tend to win quite a bit), you've learned that sometimes you lose and that's okay, too!

7. I love the pride you take in your work. You want to share your accomplishments and I'm so thankful that you share them with me.

8. I love that even though you are 9 years old, you're not too old to cuddle with your dad or me. I know the days of those cuddles are drawing to a close as you get older and I treasure each one.

9. I love you!!!

I am so thankful that God has blessed me by allowing me to be a part of your life. I hope you have an awesome 9th birthday!! You certainly deserve it, buddy!

5 comments:

Dougherty Family said...

Happy 9th Birthday, Jacob!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Well I have had my cry for the day!!! Jacob is so sweet and I truly love him as one of my own! Have a great birthday!!!...know that we love you and will see you tonight!
Love ya,
Mema and Papa

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the follow-up...just had to comment on the fact that there is a lot of Eli favor in these pictures of Jacob!!! Both cute as a button!!!
Love,
Mema

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Mr. Bones! We miss you terribly, especially so on your special day. Love - Pappy Al & Grandma

Mary Burnett said...

That made my day. Iain, Callum and I hope Jacob had a great birthday and to see you soon! Much love, Aunt Mary