Thursday, July 3, 2008

Now I lay me down to sleep...all night long!!

For those of you following the story of Eli's sleep training, Eli soothed himself last night after about an hour and 20 minutes and then proceeded to sleep straight through the night until 5:30! HOORAY!!

Also, he's soothing himself for naps. That is going much better than nighttime (as far as the time needed to soothe). I put him down and he's asleep within 10 minutes!

I'm so proud of our little guy. Between not having to rock him to sleep for naps, having slept for 7.5 hours myself last night, and Mema stopping by today I was quite productive and our house is looking much better!!

Thanks so much for your prayers!

2 comments:

Dougherty Family said...

Yeah! Thank you, Lord for answered prayers. What a blessing. See you guys tomorrow.
Love you,
Amanda

Mary Burnett said...

Wonderful news! I am so happy for you and proud of Eli. I knew he could do it. It will get easier too. Callum still cries when he is put down for naps but bedtime is better. Hopefully he will join his cousin in a few months by sleeping for 7 hours or so. Happy 4th!