Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Scary shots!

Tomorrow we have our two-month doctor's appointment. We are supposed to be receiving 5 shots. However, having done some extensive research, I am requesting an alternate vaccine schedule for Elijah. There are just too many chemicals, heavy metals, and other "stuff" in the vaccines! That's not to mention the possible side effects of each vaccine. They've known since I "interviewed" them (yes, I interviewed pediatricians before choosing one) that I was interested in pursuing an alternate vaccine schedule, so I'm not surprising them. I know they believe that the AAP and CDC schedule is what's best for kiddos. As a parent, I just don't think it's best for MY kiddo. That being said, please pray for favor with the doctor and the pediatrician practice as I make this request tomorrow afternoon. Also, pray that Eli handles the two vaccines I am requesting with ease--and that I handle them with ease as well! Thanks so much!!

2 comments:

Amy said...

Oh boy, I will be praying. We had our 2 month shots scheduled for this Friday, but I had to cancel since I'll be out of town. But, I'm glad we aren't going because I'm still not sure what I'm going to do. I'm interested to hear your thoughts on your research. If you have time, email me to let me know.

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary to you and Matt!!!
Love you guys,
Amanda, Tom & kids