Friday, April 11, 2008

Little story and lots of posts

I had a little time on my hands, which has been hard to come by recently, so I posted a few things today. Scroll down so you don't miss any!

Earlier today I had my first "baby brain" episode. (In case you didn't know, baby brain is the condition that occurs following the birth of a child caused by little sleeping, baby soothing, diaper changing, floor-time playing, bottle preparing, house keeping, errand running, doctor visiting, and rarely slowing.) As I was preparing bottles, I realized I only had 3 caps and 4 bottles. I thought I'd go ahead a prepare all 4 bottles and then locate the missing cap before shaking that bottle. I poured the water and formula into all 4 bottles, and capped the three. At that same time the dogs go tearing through the house barking and then run out the door making a crazy amount of noise (of course the baby was napping). I look out the window to see what the ruckus is about and simultaneously pick up the bottles to shake them. Guess what...yep, I picked up one capped and one UNcapped bottle and began to shake. Needless to say, formula went everywhere. I'm sure it was quite a sight. Thanks goodness no one was around to witness it. Oh well, at least Eli will think I smell good!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If that is all, then hey baby you are the bomb!!! Being a new mother is really time consuming and you must be be able to do many things at the same time. I think you and Matt are doing a great job. This little fellow requires lots of your enegery! But oh my is he worth every moment!
Love and also sending you some of my energy (I wish)!
Mama

Anonymous said...

It was great seeing you guys yesterday. I told Jacob I love his haircut - so handsome. Eli is so precious. I can't get over how he is growing. Jennifer, you are such a natural, loving mom. Matt, what a great, supportive dad. Your family is a blessing.
We love you,
Tom, Amanda & kids