Saturday, April 26, 2008

Baseball and being a big brother!

It is baseball season and once again Jacob is playing at Garner Baseball, better known as GBI. This year he is on the Mets. They have had 4 games so far this season and they are 2 and 2. Unfortunately Eli and I have only been able to make it to 2 games, but Daddy goes to represent us when we can't make it! Jacob has been playing catcher and does a great job. Tonight he made a great play. The batter hit the ball so that is was between third base and home plate. Jacob threw off his mask, ran to and grabbed the ball, and threw it to first to get the batter out! We were so proud! He's also smacking the ball when he's up to bat! He just gets better each season. What a handsome kid!



On another note, the other day as I was driving Jacob to school, Eli began to get fussy. This is not unusual. Eli doesn't seem to like riding in his carseat. He is getting better, but that morning he was not having the whole "let's take your brother to school" thing. As he started up, I began doing anything I could think of to stop him--talking to him, singing, trying to rock the carseat with one hand and drive with the other, etc. I really hated for Jacob's day to begin by having to sit next to his screaming brother for the 20 minute ride to school. I don't know why I was concerned. Without any prompting, Jacob reached down in the floorboard, retrieved the little birdy infant toy, hung it from the backseat and Eli calmed down. Simple as that! What a great big brother! Again, I was so proud! I can't wait to see what their relationship holds for them!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You caught me! I check your blog all the time and love reading stories about Jacob growing up, Eli's development, and your trials and tribulations of being a mommy. Now, if only I could put some effort into my blog...
Love you,
Sammie

Anonymous said...

We are proud of you, Jacob!
You are awesome!
Love,
Aunt Amanda, Uncle Tom, Wooten, Anna Gracen & Christian