Sunday, April 27, 2008

Date Night!

Matt and I went out alone for the first time since little Eli arrived. Jacob was at his mom's and my parents came to babysit the little guy. Being a first-time parent of a newborn, I've never had to leave a baby for the first time. No one warned me about the emotions that I would experience. Nervousness, anxiety, mood swings, difficulty thinking clearly--sounds like I'm detoxing from drugs or something. Anyway, we headed out to the local "nice" restaurant and enjoyed dinner. I almost got through the entire meal without bringing up the baby. I think I should get some credit for "almost" on this occasion. After dinner, we headed over to Pelican's for ice cream and snoballs--yummy! We were only gone a couple of hours, but it was such a nice treat for us. Eli was great for my parents, so maybe Matt and I can try to have a date night once a month! Thanks Mom and Dad!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on getting out and planning to continue to get out and go on dates! I think so many couples forget that they are a couple and that they need to continue to actively love each other when there is a baby around. All those emotions are normal...I experienced them all for a while when I would leave Jordan with someone else for one reason or another. You are doing an awesome job!

Jay and Jackie Parks said...

Way to get out! My husband and I went out for the first time this weekend too! It was so fun to go out together, but the emotions were crazy for me too! I know she was totally fine without ME feeding her and ME putting her to bed. But I was sad and missed our little time at night! I think I realized I need it more than she does! This first-time mommy stuff is a learning process! :)

Mary Burnett said...

You guys look great. Jennifer- I hope I look that good two months after our baby arrives!!

Amy said...

So glad you got a chance to go out. You look so wonderful!