Monday, October 1, 2007

Live like you believe!

Many of you were with me as we prayed for the Leino family as they dealt with a very sick infant and eventually Isaac's going home to be with the Lord. I have another friend whose baby, PJ, is in the NICU fighting daily. Through another blog I also recently learned about a family who just lost their baby girl, Copeland. Through it all each of these families has one thing in common--their reliance and complete dependence on Jesus Christ. I was reading a blog that I enjoy today and I read this...
"But, in a way I am jealous that they have truly experienced such a deep and intimate relationship with Christ where He was their ALL! He was the ONE THING that never failed them. I have experienced that in my life, no doubt, but on that level, no way. I crave that deep reliance on Christ where my every move beckons His guidance. I believe God wants us to have that sort of reliance on Him. It's not because we aren't intelligent and can't make decisions on our own. It's because He is our creator and He knows what we need before we even realize that we need it. What an amazing concept. I am so glad I don't have to have all the answers."

Prayerfully, I will never have to experience the situations which these incredible people have experienced, but I would love to experience that deep, intimate relationship--complete dependence, complete trust, complete surrender--with God. In the words of the Farleys who just kissed their little good-bye, “Thank You, Jesus, for reminding us that heaven is real… You are real…and it’s time we learned to live like we believe it.” And thanks to Amy for ability to put my thoughts in words!

1 comments:

Amy said...

No problem :)