Monday, October 1, 2007

Halfway there!

We have reached week 20 in our pregnancy. It's the halfway point!! Only 20 more weeks to go (my gracious, that sounds like forever). Little boy Sloan is now covered with a greasy white substance called vernix caseosa. It coats his little body to protect his skin while he hangs out and soaks in the amniotic fluid. Hair and nail growth continues. Meanwhile, I've developed a little belly and moved into the most comfortable clothes ever imagined--maternity pants! Who would have thought that an ugly band of stretchy material placed at the top of a pair of jeans would make me soooooo happy? We're in the difficult process of making decisions about what to name this little guy. Jacob is leaning toward Luke (as in Skywalker)--go figure! Matt really likes Phineas and I think Elijah is great. The list goes on and on...Asher, Caden, Ezekiel, Gideon, Jude, Mitchell...so many choices and we only get to choose two. Any thoughts?? As I sit here and write this post, I asked Matt if he had anything to add. His response, with a mouthful of their peach flavor, "Pelican's has great ice cream!" So, for your ice cream and snoball needs, we recommend Pelican's on highway 401 in Garner! Take care and love!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm not sure we're going to be in the area anytime soon, but if we are, I will sure remember that place. I LOVE ice cream!

Congrats on your halfway mark. It's quite an accomplishment!

Anonymous said...

Jen,

I haven't checked your blog for a while, and when I logged on and saw you were having a boy, I had to laugh - I TOLD YOU SO!!!

Anyway, my vote is for Elijah.

Tim and I always look for you at church, we've missed you guys! Nathan said he saw Jacob tonight, I never did see him. We need to get together!

Love you guys!
Carrie & Tim

Anonymous said...

We like Elijah! But we just love the baby and all that comes with being Grandparents again. Another little one to hold and spoil. It's been a while for us and we are ready to hold this little guy close and just love the smell and the soft skin etc. Love you guys! a special hello to Jacob! Miss you and hope to see you soon!
Love, Mema and Papa