Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Travelling Mercies

God is good!

Yesterday morning on my commute to the OB's office (which is about 30 miles), I was waiting nicely in a queued up line of traffic on an exit lane. I was minding my business waiting in that queued up line for the light to change and dreaming of hearing Baby Boy's heartbeat again, when CRASH!!!! I was hit by the car behind me. I looked up, gained my bearings, and realized I was just in a five car pile-up on a busy 5 lane highway. After getting my wits about me and making sure everything felt ok, I dug around in the emptied pocketbook mess on the floorboard, found my phone, and called 911. I got off the phone with the VERY, VERY nice lady at the communications center and just cried. I was so grateful to our awesome God who held me in the palm of His hand during that crash. I am so thankful for His protection!! I was transported via ambulance to my OB's office (which is not typical ambulance policy, but a supervisor approved the trip)! Baby Boy's heartbeat was great! My blood pressure was elevated, but the doctor said that was expected due to the traumatic situation I was in! So, by the grace of God, we're fine!

Psalm 121:7-8 "The LORD will keep you from all harm—he will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Thanks to God for His promises!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad you're ok. On the lighter side...you know whenever you get a new car, someone's going to hit it!
Love,
Colleen

Anonymous said...

Jen! I'm so sorry to hear this but I am happy to hear that you and baby are okay!! What a mess. Please let us know if we can do anything... Love -- Mary & Iain

Anonymous said...

Wow,so glad to hear that you and little baby Sloan are okay. We are very excited about your visit at the end of the month. Gianna had to wake Pappy Al up to let him know. She apologized for doing so since he had just gotten to sleep however she told me "I just couldn't wait to tell him Grandma.I am sorry "!!!
Needless to say he was glad she did :)Hugs,Grandma Sloan

Anonymous said...

God is good and faithful. He is faithful in all things even the little things that seem to gets us down each day. He is bigger than any of these problems or worries. He can lift our spirits and take us to a place of peace and love. Just place all your worries on Him and He will give you the joys of your heart and a peace that is oh so wonderful! Love ya, Mama

Amy said...

I am so glad you are okay! That must have been nerve wracking. God is watching out for you, that's for sure.

How's the baby naming coming?

Samantha Dassler Barlow said...

Thank goodness you and the baby are ok. I love and miss you! Sammie