Tuesday, November 1, 2011

A Halloween Treat

Last night was Halloween night, and I had two little boys itching to trick or treat.  It was cold and raining, which just doesn't go well with walking door to door with a one year old and a three year old.  You could easily say that I wasn't looking forward to trick or treating, so when I ran out to my WW meeting to weigh in and discovered very few lit porch lights, I wasn't disappointed.

While waiting at my meeting, I had time to think.  It was then I remembered that Halloween and trick or treating isn't about me and I knew two little boys who would be very disappointed that the porch lights were off.  I pondered the idea of loading them in the van to travel our neighborhood, but the idea of loading and unloading two children who require help at every house just didn't seem worth the effort.  On my drive home, I began to feel sad for my little ones, then I pulled into our cul-de-sac.  Let me just say that my cul-de-sac neighbors are the BEST!  Not only were all their porch lights on, but I quickly realized we could hit just these houses, visit with good friends, get the all-important goodies, never leave the cul-de-sac, and have two very happy boys!

With the covering of two umbrellas (one of which we snagged from the Little Tikes picnic table--I know, I know), we loaded the wagon and happily hit the cul-de-sac.  Our beloved cul-de-sac!

0 comments: