Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Play nicely

The "little boys" (our pet name for Eli and Abel collectively) are only 25 months apart in age.  I've always prayed and hoped that their close proximity in age would allow them to be great friends.  I want them to play chase, wrestle, share secrets, trade jokes, and just love on each other.  The reality is that they are brothers who do indeed love each other.  They are brothers who do play nicely together...sometimes.  Many times, I mediate and referee as they play together, encouraging them to be kind to one another.


I never dreamed that my days would be filled with phrases such as, "Do not put your body on top of your brother's head!"  Or, "Please don't body check your brother!"  Maybe even, "He wouldn't pull your hair, if you didn't put your head in his lap!"  And occasionally, "Why are you both naked?"  Alas, parenting these little boys is nothing short of an adventure!  So, anytime I catch them playing together nicely, it makes my heart sing.  Capturing it on camera is a rarity, but yesterday was success!!  I'm not sure where they were going, but they were headed there together!


"Of all the things I have to play, I'd choose my brother any day!"


1 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet picture!
Love,
Mema