Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans' Day Home Project

Matt had today off in honor of Veterans' Day, so we decided to make the most of that and paint our living room.  I've been staring at paint chips for over a month trying to choose a color that will look good with not only our furnishings, but also our honey oak trim and fireplace.  I'm not a huge fan of the color of all the wood, but I certainly have no desire to paint over good woodwork, so it was tricky trying to pick the perfect paint color.  I finally settled on "fresh bread."  So, we shipped the kiddos off to Mema and PaPa's house for the day and got down to work.  Although it's hard to tell from the photos (my photography skills won't win me any prizes), the color is a warm pale golden color and I. LOVE. IT!!









So thankful for a productive day with my amazing husband!  I love spending time with him and having a "new" living room is just a bonus!  

Huge thanks to Mema and PaPa for taking such great care of our boys and for always being willing to help and support us!  You guys ROCK!  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your work paid off...the room looks really nice.
Love,
Mema