Friday, August 5, 2011

Yes, chef!!

Jacob has taken a recent interest in cooking.  Of course, I'm sure it has absolutely nothing to do with my obsession with, um, I mean fascination with all things food related on TV.  In my dreams in which we have a DVR, mine is filled with "Top Chef," "Extreme Chef," "Chopped," "Restaurant: Impossible," "Iron Chef," "Rocco's Dinner Party," "The Great Food Truck Race"...

I'm sorry, where was I?  Oh, that's right...Jacob and cooking.  So, he's been asking to help in the kitchen and has proven to be an excellent sous chef.   Recently, he decided to kick it up a notch (yes, the Emeril reference was intentional) and asked to prepare dinner alone.  He cooked for his mom's family while on vacation, so it was time for him to take over our kitchen.

One of his favorite meals is our version of Shepherd's Pie and that was what he chose to prepare.  Here are a few pictures of him at work as executive chef of the Sloan Diner.




It's a joy to foster my boys' interests, be it the Steelers, B-B guns, or cooking.  And, wouldn't it be cool to turn on the TV one day and instead of Gordon Ramsay, Jamie Oliver, or Guy Fieri, we'd see Jacob Sloan?!?  

By the way, dinner was deeee-licious!!

0 comments: