Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back to School!



On Thursday, this one started seventh grade...


I must be wrong.  There is absolutely no way he could already be in the middle of middle school.  I feel like it was just yesterday that we were doing this.


And he looked like this.


Seventh grade?!?  No, way!  Of course, I can't stop time and even if I could, it certainly wouldn't be fair to him or me.  I'd miss out on watching him turn into the man God purposed Him to be.  And, what a blessing and responsibility it is to be a part of that journey!   I pray that this will be a great school year for Jacob and our families--despite the 40 Book Challenge (a book per week, really?!?) and bus arrival time of 6:20am (Lord, help me)!  


These two and I will be embarking on an exciting adventure, too.  


Beginning the week after Labor Day, I'll be starting "preschool" and "totschool" at home with the little boys. I really feel like Eli is ready for some more structured (albeit loosely structured) learning experiences and Abel is along for the ride.  I'm still working out all the kinks (how many days a week, organization of materials so they don't take over and make Daddy crazy, etc), and I have a little planning time remaining, but I can't wait to dive in and watch their little sponge-brains soak it all up.  
  
And, just so we're not feeling left out, Matt and I are attending Sunday night "Life University" at church. We're studying the book Radical by David Platt.  I think it's going to be an awesome time of growing in our walk with the Lord and can't wait to be challenged.  I'm also attending a weekly morning women's  Bible Study and I think it may just rock my world.  The first chapter is "I Am Worn Out"!  Ok, you're preaching to me already!  I can't wait to not only learn what God's Word says about these challenges we face as women, but also to connect and make some new friendships!

So, here's to a great school year!  I pray we will all learn and grow in these next 10 months!  

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

These sweet little boys just keep getting bigger and I keep getting older!!! That's a good thing.
Love,
Mema