Friday, September 23, 2011

One year older

Happy Birthday to you


Happy Birthday to you


Happy Birthday, dear Jacob


Happy Birthday to you!


Dear Jacob,  Happy birthday, Jakey!  Today you turn 12.  I didn't give you life, but I love you as if you were mine!  Every year I say that time is flying by, but it warrants being repeated.  Your childhood is quickly slipping away.  12 is that tricky age between childhood and the teenage years, where you're too old for some things and too young for others.  You are learning who you are and I pray that as you work on that discovery, you remember who you are in Christ--you are His child, His chosen one, and dearly loved.  Jacob, I want you to know that I am so proud of who you are choosing to be.  Your kindness and leadership with your little brothers is so heart-warming.  Your quirky sense of humor keeps me giggling.  Your respect for others is admirable.  Your joy is infectious.  Your thirst for knowledge is refreshing.  Your love is inspiring.  Jacob I am so grateful that you are part of our family and pray that this twelfth year is amazing, just like you!  Love!

2 comments:

Mary Burnett said...

Happy birthday to one of the nicest kids I know. We hope that you have a great day and continue down the path you've started. Love, Aunt Mary, Uncle Iain, Callum & Xavier

Anonymous said...

I AGREE WITH JENNIFER AND AUNT MARY! YOU ARE ONE SPECIAL BOY AND YOU MAKE ME SO PROUD. LOVE ALL THAT YOU ARE JACOB.
LOVE,
MEMA