Sunday, September 11, 2011

I remember


Today, I went to church with my sweet family.  I remembered.  

Today, I talked to my mom on the phone.  I remembered.  

Today, I ran errands.  I remembered.  

Today, I went out to eat.  I remembered.  

Today, I played outside with my boys.  I remembered.  

Today, I baked pumpkin-chocolate chip muffins.  I remembered.

So many others spent today remembering, too.  They remember those they lost in the terror attacks.  They remember those they lost as they fought to protect our country.   They remember surviving.

All that remembering could bring on fear, grief, even despair.  But, as a friend reminded me, even as we spend time remembering, we have this promise:
"My soul continually remembers it and is bowed down within me.  But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope:  The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness."  Lamentations 3:20-23

Today, I remember.  Today, I have hope!

Thank you, Lord, for your love, mercy, and faithfulness!  My hope is firmly planted in you!