Saturday, June 6, 2009

Week Wrap-up

We had a pretty busy week. So I thought I'd take a minute to fill you all in on what's been going on here! It always amazes me to see how many people have stopped by just to see what we've been up to! We love comments, so let us know you're reading.

Please pardon the list format. It's Saturday, so I've turned on my weekend brain and creative writing just doesn't seem to be happening today!

1. Eli had some great fun the baby pool in our front yard!



2. Jacob had his baseball championship tournament. As I said in a previous post, they won on Monday night, but on Tuesday night, they lost to the regular season champs. Matt went to Tuesday's game and said the boys rallied hard, and were tied for a while, but just didn't pull it out in the end. Jacob played great and nabbed the game-tying RBIs.

3. Eli and I planted some veggies in wheat straw bales in the backyard. According to my dad, this should work just fine to grow our tomatoes and peppers. I can't wait to see (and eat) our yield! Gardening with a 15 month old proved to be challenging and fun. He's a super little helper!





4. Jacob and I tried to head out to pick strawberries after school on Thursday. He's really been wanting to go, but we've been so busy with baseball, birthdays, and other commitments, that it's been hard to find the time. Unfortunately the weather took a turn for the worse and it rained cats and dogs. We tried to wait it out, but it didn't seem to want to stop, so we sucked it up and paid for a bucket picked by the farmers. Once we got home, Jacob helped me bake a pound cake and for dessert we topped it with fresh strawberries and whipped cream! Yummy!



5. I enjoyed a really sweet moment with a baby boy who is usually too busy to cuddle. He woke early from his nap and spent some quality time in my arms! What a precious time!

6. Only 3 more school days left until summer! Jacob (and I) are SOOOOOO excited! It will be great to have both my boys home together this summer. They've become such great buddies. Recently, Jacob has been trying to teach Eli to catch and has shown some success--I just can't seem to catch it on camera. I love to watch them together!

HAPPY WEEKEND!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missed you guys this week-end! Looks like you had a busy time at your house. The boys just get sweeter and sweeter!!!
Love you,
Mama