Thursday, June 25, 2009

Talkin' toddler

This blog serves so many purposes, but today I'm really using it as a journal/baby book. I want to document the expressive language that Eli has mastered. Hopefully there's at least one other reader out there who's interested in our chatty boy. Some are clear words and some are word approximations he pairs with signs. Here's the list of what he's saying or signing!

Dada
Mama (this one took forever!!)
Mema
PaPa
Brother
outside
car
all done
ball
bird
bat
snack
bubbles
cookie
cup
help
up
down
shoes
no
please
thank you
DVD
go
book
banana
apple
grapes
raisins
burger
night-night
bath
bed
baby
bye-bye
ice (for ice cream or any frozen treat)
sit
open
grass
hat
pants
nose
eyes
animal sounds for: cow, duck, horse, dog, cat, frog, sheep, pig, monkey, snake, gorilla, fish, bee, lion, rabbit

It amazes me what little minds can do. He's a little sponge and is soaking up everything going on around him. I was truly impressed the other day as we drove home from Mema's house. We were crusing down the road and I hear "ice, ice, ice, ice..." from the back seat. It took me a minute, but then I realized we had just passed our favorite Dairy Queen. Apparently we are living with more than one Smarty-pants!


10 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's a smarty-pants alright!!! I could just kiss that little face all over!
Love,
Mema

Amy said...

I am so glad you're doing this. I love how blogs take so many forms. I was just telling Andy that I need to do a way better job at using our blog to document the things going on with them.

And, oh, comment on the post that the giveaway is on, so I don't forget your answers.

Dougherty Family said...

He is so very smart! I love how he shakes his head when he sees Wooten (wanting Wooten to make his hair fly). The other day Eli shook his head when he saw Christian (before he saw Wooten) - he knew they are connected (like Aunt Amanda and her big water cup).

Amy said...

Wow, he must be really smart if he can make the sound of a bunny and a fish! I don't even know what sounds they make :)

Jennifer said...

It's been recently discovered that bunnies say "hop, hop, hop" and fish make kissy-face sounds! :)

Jennifer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jennifer said...

Matt says two words were left off the list... one is the word that sorta sounds like burger but is found in noses, and the other is the proper term for the part of the male anatomy that makes a man a man.

Jennifer said...

And, Matt composed that comment while I was unaware! Such is the vocabulary of a baby living in a house full of testosterone!

Nicole Collins said...

Wow! He is a little chatterbox! He's getting so big so quick. What a great idea to keep track of everything in your blog.
Hope you guys are well!

Anonymous said...

and he know mine.

love ya'll,
Anna Gracen