Monday, June 1, 2009

Birthdays and stuff

You know how there are some people with whom you think so much alike, that you can finish their sentences and know what they are thinking?

Well, that's Matt and me.

A while back, we were sitting at the table enjoying breakfast and I mentioned going to the zoo for my birthday. Matt's response caught me off guard. I believe his exact words were, "What's wrong with you?"

I immediately realized that I had asked him to take a day off from work. He takes pride in providing for us financially, and I asked him to forgo that responsibility.

While I was overanalyzing this, he said, "Will you just get out of my head! I was going to surprise you with a birthday trip to the zoo on Friday!"

I guess great minds think alike.

So, in honor of my birthday, we let Jacob have a day off from school, loaded up the minivan and headed off to one of my favorite places--the NC Zoo in Asheboro. And once we arrived (after taking the scenic route to get there, which is a whole other story) we had a blast. Eli decided to really whoop it up and only slept 20 minutes...the entire day. Apparently sleeping in the car is no longer on his list of things to do. Despite that, we all had a fabulous time!

Here's a peek into our trip!



On Saturday, we celebrated three birthdays--my mom's, my sister-in-law's, and mine--with three different cakes. Matt made mine and did a fantastic job! I truly am blessed! I requested the Milk Chocolate Bar Cake. And, it was DEEE-LICIOUS!

And, just because I think they are the cutest boys ever, here are a few bonus shots (even some self-portraits)!!









Well, I guess that's all for now. Have a fun day! I know we will!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures at the zoo... sounds like a fun trip! Cute pictures of the boys!!!
We had fun at the birthday parties on Saturday and the cakes were just the best!

Anonymous said...

Oh!!! Love Mama

Sloan said...

Jen,
Happy Birthday! We love the pictures. Please keep them coming. We miss all of you (including your Mom and Dad) very much.
Pappy Al

Nicole Collins said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer!
I hope you are all doing well! I miss seeing you!
Nicole