Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thankful

Is it really Thanksgiving again?

As I look around my kitchen, I suppose it is. The island is covered with flour, brown sugar, vanilla, and measuring cups. The baking has begun. I L-O-V-E the holiday baking!! Cookies, pies, cakes, oh my! I get a sugar-high just thinking about it all.

As wonderful as the food is, it's not the heart of the holidays. Oh, yes indeed, friends, it's a fabulous bonus, but not where the focus should be.

Tomorrow we'll pause and reflect on the wonderful blessings we have been given. And, boy have we been blessed! Our Jehovah Jireh is such a wonderful Provider. We have all we need. Sure, we budget, cut back, and live frugally. But now, even in the midst of the country's financial crisis, God has proven to be greater!

So, I challenge you to look beyond the economic mess and take the time to see what God is doing and has done! You'll be surprised! There are so many things to be thankful for!

And above all, I'm thankful that God loves me (and you) so much that he sent his son to die for my sins, so that I might have eternal and abundant life!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

2 comments:

Mary Burnett said...

Happy Thanksgiving to the Sloans and Doughertys and all other family members down South. Have a safe, blessed and happy day together. Looking forward to seeing you next month! Miss and love, Mary, Iain and Callum.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving to each one of you (Matt, Jenn, Jacob and Eli)! We are surely blessed with a big and loving family. I love making ready for all to come and share the food and the love. To all Matt's family up north...have a blessed and Happy Thanksgiving...wish we lived closer so we could share more with you guys!
Mary I love reading about your family and all the new adventures you are having with that sweet little baby!!! He is precious! We all have so much to be thankful for...God is so good!!!
Love,
Mama and Daddy