Wednesday, November 12, 2008

More fun than a barrel of monkeys

This past weekend, my parents demonstrated their insanity love by inviting 6 of the 7 grandkids to their house for a slumber party and field trip to the planetarium. I'm sure the level of activity and noise in their house on Friday night was commensurate to that of a room full of 2 year olds high on birthday cake. That kinda happens when those kiddos get together. My saint-of-a-mother loves having them there. My dad turns his hearing aid off (just kidding...he loves it, too)!

On Sunday, we loaded the family up in the van and headed back to Wilson for Becca's birthday party. She's 12. WOW...starting to feel old over here! The kids had a blast running around the playground and chowing down on cake.

And some yummy cake it was!

And some sweet cake it was!

Which attracted the yellow jackets.

Which caused the pre-teen girls to scream.

At decibel levels that would cause dogs to howl.

And made me appreciate being the mom to boys!

I had some fun snapping photos while the kiddos played and the relatives took turns holding and playing with Eli. Here are a few of my favorites.








1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to Becca!!! We had fun and I always enjoy the gathering of my "offsprings"!!! These pictures are just great...so life like. I love my little sweeties!
Have a great day and don't forget to love!
Love yoy all,
Mema