Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Getaway!

Matt and I celebrated our anniversary by taking a quick overnight getaway to the Outer Banks of NC. WITHOUT. THE. KIDS.

Oh, yes ma'am, we did!

Jacob was at his mom's and we dropped Eli off at PaPa and Mema's house early on Saturday morning. Then, we set off!

Once I got over the initial shock of not having our boys with us on a trip (we always take them with us), we had a blast! It was so nice to just be "Matt" and "Jennifer" and not "Mama" and "Daddy"!

We hit the local attractions and ate some mighty fine food (thanks to Nate). However, I must pause right here to tell you about the dinner I had on Saturday night! We went to Kelly's and I did something I rarely do...I ordered something I've never eaten before. Now, let me preface this by saying, I'm not a huge fan of the steak. It's just never been my thing. But, I stepped out in faith (Matt said I'd like it) and ordered the Smoky Filet Oscar. Oh, my gracious! It was LIFE. CHANGING. I will never be the same! It was a divine plate of filet mignon, covered in lump crab meat, on a bed of mashed potatoes and asparagus, all covered in a smoked gouda cream sauce. And boy, was is good-a!

Anyway, here are a few pictures of our fun getaway trip! And, if you can't find me at dinnertime, call Kelly's. I may just need a Smoky Filet Oscar fix soon!



3 comments:

Amy said...

I'm so glad you guys had an awesome anniversary. I am impressed you were able to get away. I don't know when my time will come, but I'm looking forward to it :)

Anonymous said...

Good trip! You will have to do it again soon!
Love,
Mama

Nicole Collins said...

How fun! It looks like you guys had a really special time. You both deserve it!!!