Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Hodge-Podge of News

It's hard to believe Thanksgiving is already over. Matt and I enjoyed our visit to my dad's family in PA. Bless the hearts of my dad and Matt! They were troopers as they put up with two women on a seven-hour car ride (which by the way turns in to 8-9 hours with the pit stops two women require)! We had a great time eating and visiting and eating some more. I got a great recipe for pie crust from my Aunt Linda that Matt can't wait for me to try--look out for Episode II of SAHM in the Making! By the way, Dad bought Season 9 of "Everybody Loves Raymond" for us to watch on the ride home (Mema and PaPa have a DVD player in their minivan). My friends, that is one of the funniest TV shows ever to air. It's reality TV if you ask me!!

Matt rode all the way to PA just to get a cold. The poor guy hasn't been sick in forever, but this one really got him. First the sore throat (Tylenol Allergy), then the runny nose (Sudafed), and finally the cough (Mucinex). I think we now qualify as a small pharmacy! He's feeling much better now, thank goodness! There's nothing worse than watching your strong husband feel so bad and knowing there's nothing you can do about it!

I went to the OB again today. This is a landmark visit for me. It starts my "every two weeks" schedule of appointments. We're really progressing! I'll post a belly pic soon. It's getting big. Summary of the visit: I had my glucose test today--they drew blood, they'll send it off and let me know what the results are; I had to step on the lovely scales, but we won't even talk about that; they did a hemoglobin test and discovered that my iron is low--no biggie, just need a supplement; the doctor says Baby Sloan is growing at the right rate (aka "You're measuring just fine Mrs. Sloan); and his little heartbeat is strong and so lovely to hear! We go to the Duke Perinatologist on Monday for our follow up Level II ultrasound to check on the placenta. We appreciate your prayers regarding that situation.

In other news, Jacob has his first Upward Basketball practice on Tuesday night. He's so excited about playing. Santa brought him a basketball goal last year and he's wanted to play on a team ever since. We like to stay busy and think it's great for Jacob to be involved in extra-curricular activities, so we signed him up. To keep it interesting, his basketball season goes straight through my due date to Feb. 24th. So, hopefully I won't be accused of hiding a basketball under my shirt, or deliver on the court, and maybe Jacob's little brother might get to see him play some basketball!

0 comments: