Sunday, November 18, 2007

Thanksgiving Time

Tis the season! Believe it or not, Thanksgiving is this week. Here's how I know for sure...Jacob came home with a pilgrim project assignment. I loved school as a child and I love projects. So I immediately sat down to scour my art files and the beloved internet for some great ideas. (Just FYI, Family Fun is a great resource for things such as this.) The tough part of projects for me is making sure that I just guide Jacob as he completes a project. I would love to just do it for him. However, being a teacher, I know that projects are designed to be learning experiences, not just busy work, so today when we sat down to complete the pilgrim project I worked really hard to guide and not do! Truth be told, Jacob is a project pro. Here's the proof.


He was given the clothespin and the directive to make a clothespin pilgrim boy. That was the basic requirement, no more. Mrs. F did say you could make a diorama or write a story to accompany the pilgrim. However, this was not required and was for extra points and the coveted score of 4. Yes, 4! In wonderful Wake County, we no longer use As, Bs, or Cs. We have 1, 2, 3, 3* and 4. I won't waste you time with what they stand for...especially since it's not crystal clear to me! Sorry, where was I? Oh, our project pro! So, this is looking like a project worthy of a 4 to me. Sure we offered guidance and assistance with some of the details--like cutting the buckle of the hat out with a knife--but overall, this is Jacob's work. And I am SO proud!

By the way, Jacob and I are making these really cute, really easy Marshmallow Pilgrim Hat cookies this week. Check them out.

I hope you all get to spend time with friends and family this Thanksgiving holiday. Here at our house we are so thankful to God for the many, many blessings He has provided for us and the awesome things He has done!


Thansgiving Day Graphics

1 comments:

Gina Witcher / Runnermom4 said...

You are so creative. Moms like you really exhaust me. It takes all of my energy to do projects... Oh well, I guess we all have our strengths. :-) I'll have to go back to that family fun website. Looks like they have some great ideas. Thanks.