Monday, June 18, 2012

Giving!

Not to toot our own horn, but Matt and I have come to the conclusion that we are both great gift givers.  With that said, there is a small difference.  Matt's gifts to me are always just what I need (or want) and super functional.  My gifts are just what he needs (or wants) and super functional, too, but mine usually have a sentimental and/or crafty component, too!  I love all the planning and preparation.  Giving gifts to Matt is one of my favorite things to do!!

For Father's Day this year, the boys made their daddy a handprint family tree.  And can I just say that Jacob has become a man-child.  His hands and feet are huge!  When did that happen???  Sorry, where was I?  Oh yes, handprint family tree--Matt loved it!  It really is super cute and I'll try to add a photo of it soon.  

He also got this...
Nothing says "Happy Father's Day" like socks (and ties).  Of course, I couldn't just give Matt plain old socks.  I had to step it up a bit, so I rolled the socks into "roses," added lollipop sticks, and put them in a bud vase!
FUN!

And this is the gift from me...
 I filled a candy jar with his favorites (Reese's Cups and Dark Chocolate Hershey's Kisses), and then made it more personal.  I bought the little blank circle stickers that you would use to price items at a yard sale.  On each sticker I wrote a reason that I love him and then stuck them to the bottom of the candies and added a label to the jar!  Now, every time he opens a candy, he gets a little love note!  :)

See, Pinterest isn't a waste of time!!

1 comments:

Amy said...

I love it! Too cute.