Thursday, January 19, 2012

Consignment Sale Blessing


Now that's a lot of clothes!  36 shirts, 20 shorts, 4 jeans, 4 pants, 2 pjs, 1 swimsuit to be exact.  Three boys' entire spring and summer wardrobes laying on my couch; all purchased yesterday at our bi-annual local consignment sale.  That doesn't even include the umbrella stroller, Cooshee seat, 3 pairs of shoes, and 4 DVDs we were able to snag as well.  The pile is stacked with quality brands like Gap, Old Navy, Gymboree, Abercrombie, Aeropostale, The Children's Place, Hollister, Stride Rite, and New Balance.

We are so thankful for this consignment sale and the women who run it.  They are Christian women who desire to glorify God while providing a service that helps me keep my kiddos in the nicest clothes for inexpensive prices!  I prayed yesterday, as I was volunteering with the sale before shopping opened, that God would help us be good stewards of the money He had provided us for this sale and He showed Himself faithful.  We went over our cash-only budget by 85 cents (Matt had an extra 97 cents in his pocket), and that is without keeping a running total as we went.  WE ARE BLESSED!!

I can't wait to see my good looking boys all decked out in their "new" clothes very soon!

0 comments: