Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's been awhile!!

I haven't posted in quite a long time. So, here's a quick little idea of what's been going on around here. Please excuse the list form!

* I made pierogies from scratch.




*Jacob is enjoying football! He is quite the busy fifth grader! His guitar instructor raves about his progress and is hinting that Jacob needs an electric guitar. Jacob's been hinting at that, too! The BB gun he got for his birthday is a hit and he loves target practice in our backyard.


*Eli is growing and changing every day. We're down to one nap a day now, which was quite a transition and adjustment for us all!! He's still working hard on making it through the entire church service without the caregivers having to page us out of service. Matt says he inherited that "separation anxiety" gene from him. He's loving the Little Gym classes we enrolled him in. And, as always, he is thoroughly enjoying the outdoors and sports of ANY kind! Yes, my 19 month old already loves sports!


* Baby Sloan is growing. We're at 15 weeks now. Baby is about the size of an apple! We;ll have our next ultrasound in early November and will find out Baby's gender at that time! YEAH!! Matt is adamant that this one's a girl. I'm starting to believe him (especially since he was right about Jacob and Eli)!


* Matt is starting a new position within Wells Fargo on Monday. He's excited about this position, especially since it really seems to secure his employment with Wells. It will be an adjustment for us all as his hours will be changing. I've been blessed that his hours have been 6a-3p and he's been able to occupy the boys while I cook. Beginning Monday, his hours will be 8a-5p, so we'll either be eating later, or our boys will have to work on playing together, safely, alone!


* I'm doing well. I stay busy driving here, there, and everywhere for our family! I survived helping plan and execute the Fall Festival at Jacob's school. By the end of the day, I'm exhausted which I think is a combination of chasing around a VERY active 19 month old, and being pregnant.


Well, that's about all for now! Have a great day, friends!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Take a deep breath and love this wonderful life that God has given you! The older you get the more "deep breaths" you get to take!!!
We love you,
Mama and Daddy

Dad said...

Watch out! Here comes our next Iron Chef. The pierogies look great.

Love,
Daddy and Mama

Amy said...

Yay, you made perogies. They look amazing. I'm so motivated now :)But, I still haven't found my recipe!