Friday, February 17, 2012

Dating My Hubby

As a result of the success of 2011's "Mission:  Happily Ever After" weekly at-home date nights, I gifted Matt with monthly preplanned on-the-town date nights for Christmas this past year.  This doesn't replace the weekly date nights, it supplements them!  In January, we headed out to a Lebanese restaurant in downtown.  Yummy!  This past Wednesday, we had our February date night.  I dropped the little boys off for their own "date night" with Mema and PaPa on Wednesday morning--thanks, Mema and PaPa!  Then, it was home for a little primping.   Matt and I took a moment to snap this picture, then armed with a gift card for dinner from my parents and theatre tickets from Matt's (thanks, everyone!!), we headed out.  

  


It was such a blessing to be able to indulge in a night out together alone.  Now, don't get me wrong, I love my children and enjoy spending time with them, but in the hierarchy we honor, Matt comes before my children.  It is our job to model marriage for our boys and if our marriage isn't strong, we can't be the parents God has called us to be.  If a parenting team falls apart, the ones who feel it the most are the children.  So, we believe our marriage is a priority!  

At dinner, we prayed over our food and our marriage.  We dined on steak, salad, asparagus, vegetables, baked potatoes, all prepared deliciously.  The conversations were many and varied.  As with anytime extended alone time, we caught up on each other.  We shared and we laughed and we bonded.   

With full bellies, we headed to the theatre downtown for Les Miserables, my favorite Broadway musical.  We held hands in the darkened theatre as the actors sang about love and war.  We laughed to ourselves when Matt jumped at the sound of a gunshot.  During the curtain call, I was smiling ear to ear.  The actors were fabulous and the musicians were amazing, but...so was my date!





1 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the way to live missy!
Love ya,
Mamma